I cannot believe that today is the first day of December. This year has literally flown by, and it has been a hot minute since I posted some monthly goals. Well, in reality, life has been so crazy the past couple months that my only goals have been to breathe and unpack the mess in the spare bedroom in our South Carolina apartment.
In case you missed the memo, the man and I moved to South Carolina in late September to answer the call for him to work in ministry at our much loved church. There was no hesitation whatsoever when the phone rang and our friend Dave asked if we were interested in making the move. What began as one job for C turned into a job for me as well, as I accepted a position coordinating the nursery. We found an apartment and, blessedly, my in-laws helped us move all of our furniture and boxes.
If there's one thing I can say, its this: the Lord is faithful. He has been working long and hard and tender on my heart over these past couple months. There have been some hard conversations about life in the woods and what it looks like to be wide open on the operating table, and I am learning the meaning of vulnerability. I'm learning how to be honest about who I am and who I want to be in light of Christ. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but it is time to put the thoughts to action.
So, without further ado, here are some goals for the month of December:
- Work out a morning and evening routine. Because there have been too many nights that I've stayed up late and crashed into bed with a face full of makeup and too many mornings that I haven't started my day by digging into the Word. I'd like to complete at least one SRT study in the mornings during the month.
- Finish 3 books. Right now I'm reading Lara Casey's Make it Happen.
- Plan out time to go analogue. I have spent way too much time on Facebook and other social networks lately. A couple weeks ago, I started this process by turning off the push notifications on my phone so I'm not always reaching for it, but I want to take this a step further and say no social networking between the hours of 6:00 and 9:00 pm.
- Get on the treadmill. Ya'll, my blood pressure is too high. Hypertension runs in my family, but I want to stave it off as much as possible by maintaining the healthiest lifestyle I can.
- Eat out less. Because money and health and money.
- Take one person from my nursery team out for lunch. Nothing can happen without these volunteers, and I want them to know how much their hard work is appreciated. Plus, I want to work harder on putting down roots and building strong relationships here.
- Start a habit tracker. I need some accountability when it comes to doing life.
- Pray about my word for 2016. I have a couple of ideas, but I want to move into 2016 with clarity of vision and wisdom that can only come from God (join me in praying for this?).
So there you have it. What are your goals for this month? I'd love to know how I can pray for and encourage you.
PS: Looking for some sweet holiday cards? My friend Kercia just opened a shop and her work is ahhmazing.