This post makes me wish I hadn't been so hasty to delete that silly Facebook note. But here goes nothing:
2. Despite being born and raised in the south, I have absolutely no southern accent. It is seriously shocking to some people.
3. I am an INFJ, which is apparently the rarest personality type. I am also a highly sensitive person.
4. Office supplies are my love language. I am head over heels for fine point pens, planners, and pretty journals.
5. I am not the least bit crafty. DIY and I do not get along, mostly because I am a control freak and a perfectionist and indecisive about most everything.
6. I am a recovering nail biter. The struggle is real. Always taking it day by day.
7. My butt chin was passed down to me from my paternal great-grandfather, who I unfortunately never got to meet. I did meet four of my great-grandparents.
8. I once took a Buzzfeed quiz that determined which Office character I was. The result was Michael. For the record, I feel much more like a Pam. Then I took another quiz to determine which Pretty Little Liars character I was, and wound up with Alison. This is also really surprising, because I feel more like a mix between Spencer and Aria. Moral of the story is to not waste time on Buzzfeed quizzes.
9. I read almost exclusively nonfiction, and while I absolutely love to read, sometimes it takes me a long time to finish a book -- specifically books that stretch me in my walk with God.
10. I loathe tomatoes. Always have, probably always will. I think it is a texture thing.
11. I've never been on a plane and I've never been out of the country. I have only visited 11 states, but I could name all the states on a blank map at the age of eight.
12. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite. Always green, never white.
13. Call me irresponsible or apathetic, but I don't really follow politics. I'd consider myself fairly middle of the road, with a slight tendency to steer left.
14. I've never been able to give blood. I've tried a few times, but I have low iron. Also, I don't know what my blood type is because I never remember to ask.
15. My favorite alcoholic beverage is rum and coke, with mojitos being a close second.
16. I cannot swim, and don't really have a penchant for being in the water.
17. After a decade of loving his music, my sweet husband took me to see Noah Gundersen in Atlanta last year. I also got to see Buddy Wakefield and Anis Mojgani in college and cried literally two minutes into their performances.
18. When I was in middle school, I wrote 150+ pages of a novel and asked my eighth grade language arts teacher to read it. She gave me totally unsolicited extra credit and immediately moved me into the gifted class. The novel wasn't even finished and looking back, it was terrible.
19. I was home schooled from second grade until the middle of seventh grade. Parents, please do not make your children return to public school smack dab in the middle of junior high. It was hell (aside from the amazing language arts teacher, who I am friends with on Facebook to this day).
20. I was raised in a Pentecostal church. No, I have never spoken in tongues. Yes, people at my church spoke in tongues. No, there were never any snakes.
21. I'm slightly irked that my physical traits (brown hair + eyes) are dominant and will likely become my children's as well. Thanks to the law of large numbers, we may never have a child who is blessed with my husband's amazing green eyes.
22. I could honestly watch documentaries all day long. My interest is especially peaked by anything having to do with mental illness.
23. I have one tattoo. My thoughts on getting more: it could happen.
24. I have never dyed my hair, but I got a perm once in middle school that was absolutely #noragrets.
25. I have always been the mom of my friend group. I love to take care of people, and I will always, always, always say "call me when you get there."